May 27, 2010

Soft Spot in my Heart for Hoosiers

Sigh.

I love hoosiers (the furniture, not the Indiana fans). Every time I see one, I want to buy it.

It's because they remind me of my childhood. We always had the hoosier that was originally from my great grandparents' kitchen in the cottage on Keuka Lake. One time, I was eating ice cream, and my tooth fell out. I put it on the hoosier so I could finish my ice cream. Another time, my mom left a stick of butter on the hoosier to defrost. My little sister Kristen ate the WHOLE THING. (She was just two.)

The hoosier at right looks like it was well loved. I want to love it some more. But really, how many hoosiers can one woman fit into a 475 sq ft apartment?
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions! Makes this much more interesting.