Jan 31, 2013

Bathroom Style Files: Pink Pantser!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAH I CRACK MYSELF UP. PINK PANTSER.
Anyway. I am fascinated by a trend that I think I created in my head or saw on some couture blog - wearing different shades of the same color. The 4 year old inside of me loves this! OBVIOUSLY pink matches all other shades of pink, and if pink is good, isn't more pink betterer? However, since I am a 31 year old, I thought perhaps I shouldn't go too pink... so I added black, because Black is Mature. And this shirt is somewhat transparent so you can see bits of the pink.

I like this photo because I look slender, but I think it's an optical illusion related to the camera angle. Note to self: Try to replicate.  I'm also trying a new pose here - foot pointed out.

What you can't see in these photos is that this shirt features unfinished edges - on purpose, since I got this shirt in LA. The downside is that there are little stings hanging all over the place that drive me nuts. I prefer my seams finished - is that too Boston of me?

A new photography style was attempted. As many self photographers already know, flash and mirrors don't work so well together. 


Channeling: 4 year old self plus Black
Wearing: Black shirt from LA; purple/pink tank from the GAP (which also started spurting threads, grrr); pink/purple pants from somewhere that I got on Rue LaLa, maybe Buffalo?; floral Cole Haan flats from a billion years ago that I adore and that are size 10.5, which is exactly my size. Thanks Cole Haan!
Not Seen (since this fashion blog features shitty photographs): My most bestest watch in the world that has no numbers and results in me saying, "Well, it's half past tangerine, gotta run!" Totally useless. And somehow I always wear it when traveling, when I actually need accurate time. But I do LOVE this watch, and the designer - Mr. Jones. Art on your wrist. I might start wearing T's Mr. Jones, which says "remember, you will die." Always good to keep things in perspective.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions! Makes this much more interesting.